as some of them had left before it was over.
10. We all admitted that the trip was worthwhile after we saw a(n) magnificent palace and a fantastic museum. 15选10
12 / 19
Established已建立的 contracts契约 Separate分开分离
For several centuries, cricket (板球) has been a very popular sport in England. It
has been enjoyed by both professional and (1)(amateur) players. This super-popular
game is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of 11 players. It can provide
you with health benefits like building (2)(endurance), balance, and physical fitness.
But for a team sport, cricket also places (3)(individual) players under unusual
pressure because every team player is (4)(independent) of each other. Cricket
might have started in early 16th-century England. Written records (5)(present)
evidence of a game known as creag being played by Prince Edward at Newenden,
Kent in 1301; and it is possible, (6)(despite) no hard evidence, that this was a form of
cricket. By the end of the 18th century, cricket had (7)(developed) into a national
sport of England. The growth of the British Empire led to cricket being played abroad
and by the mid-19th century the first international (8)(contests) were held. Cricket
has had a(n) (9)(remarkable) impact on popular culture in England. It has had an
influence on the vocabulary of the English language, with such phrases as that's not
cricket (10)(coined) to describe unfair behavior in general. 选词组
regardless of不管 give away暴露 fall ill生病 pass away去世 up to达到，至多 have no intention of doing sth.不打算做某事 leave behind把···抛在脑后 忘记拿走 might (just) as well还不如 in attendance出席 to this day直到现在
13 / 19
1. I felt terribly sorry to learn that his sister (passed away) after having fought
against cancer for three years.
2. The Chinese swimmer was (left behind) at the beginning of the women's
100-meter freestyle final, but she didn't give up and finally took the lead. 3. The rich man thinks that he will die in disgrace if he does not (give away)
his money for the public good.
4. They (had no intention of) letting him go and would like him to stay on
after his present contract expires.
5. (Up to) seven million students are graduating from university this year. This
will undoubtedly add to the employment pressure in the job market. 6. If he is determined to do something, he will do it (regardless of) what
other people will say.
8. The authorities promise to introduce an effective health service so that
people do not need to spend too much money when they (fall ill) . 9. Thousands of people were (in attendance) at yesterday's strike, which
caused great confusion.
10. They got to know each other in their 20s and (to this day) they are still in
close touch with each other. 汉译英
太极拳（Tai Chi）是一种武术（martial arts）项目，也是一种健身运动，在中国有着悠久的历史。太极拳动作缓慢而柔和，适合任何年龄、性别、体型的人练习。太极拳既可防身，又能强身健体，因而深受中