Unit 4 Why don't you talk to your parents? 知识点总结及单元测试卷（附答案）
1. My parents don’t allow me to hang out with my friends. (P. 25)
① allow doing sth. 允许做某事
The shopkeeper doesn’t allow smoking in any corner of the shop. ② allow sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事
His parents allow him to play computer games if he finishes his homework.
2. I got into a fight with my best friend. (P. 25)
get into a fight with sb.意为“和某人打架”，相当于 have a fight with sb.或者 fight with sb.。 He got drunk and got into a fight with Jim.
3. What’s wrong? (P. 25)
What’s wrong?意为“怎么了？”，用来询问对方有什么问题或者不顺心的事，What’s wrong with...?意为“……怎么了？”，后接 sb.或者 sth.，用来询问某人或者某物怎么了？ ---What’s wrong with you, Jim? ---I left my umbrella on the bus. What’s wrong with your teeth?
【拓展】询问“怎么了？”，主要有以下几种句型： What’s wrong (with sb./sth.)? What’s the matter (with sb./sth.)? What’s the trouble (with sb./sth.)? What’s up (with sb./sth.)?
第 1 页 共 20 页
4. I’m really tired because I studied until midnight last night. (P. 25)
until 表示“直到”和延续性动词动词连用，意为一个动作一直持续到某个点为止；同短暂性行动连用时，用于“not...until”结构中，表示“直到……才……”。 The boy waited in the school until his father came to pick him up. The workers won’t leave until they get their salary.
5. Why don’t you go to sleep earlier this evening? (P. 25)
Why don’t you do sth.?意为“你为什么不做某事”，常用来向对方提出意见，相当于 Why not do sth.?。肯定回答用 Good idea./Good./All right./Sure.等；否定回答用 No, I don’t think so./Sorry, I can’t.等。 ---Why don’t you go sleeping with us? ---Good idea.
6. Well, I found my sister looking through my things yesterday. (P. 26)
find sb. doing sth.表示“发现某人正在做某事”，表示动作正在进行。
Tom found a man stealing something when he was in the supermarket yesterday. )2(
look through 意为“快速查看、浏览”。
It is a good habit to look through newspapers every day. 【拓展】look 的相关短语look forward to 盼望、期待look up 查阅 look into 调查 look after 照看
7. Although she’s wrong, it’s not a big deal. (P. 26)
although 是连词，意为“虽然、即使”，相当于 though，引导让步状语从句。
Although/Though my grandma is old, she is very healthy. )2(
it’s not a big deal 意为“没什么大不了、不是什么大事”。
Change the time of the meeting. It’s not a big deal.
8. Hope things work out. (P. 26)
第 2 页 共 20 页
work out 此处表示“成功地发展”，后常跟 fine, well, badly 等词，表示产生的结果如何；此外 work out 还可以表示“解决、制定出”。 Everything is working out well.
The math problem is difficult for me to work out. I have worked out a new way of doing it.
9. My problem is that I can’t get on with my family. (P. 27)
get on with 意为“和睦相处”，后接人作宾语，相当于 get along with。 The new teacher is getting on/along with the students.
【拓展】get on/along with sth.意为“在……方面取得进展” How are you getting on with your essay?
10. When they argue, it’s like a big, black cloud hanging over our home. (P. 27)
argue 用作动词，表示“争吵”，argue with sb.“与某人争吵”；argue about sth.“就某事争论”。 Mary often argues with her mother about which clothes to wear. They were arguing about the matter again.
11. Also, my elder brother is not very nice to me. (P. 27)
elder 用作形容词，意为“年纪较长的”，反义词是 younger。 His elder brother is ill.
【拓展】elder 和 older 的区别
elder 用来表示兄弟姐妹以及子女之间的长幼关系，常用作定语；older 泛指新旧、老幼或者年龄大小的关系，可以用作表语或者定语。
12. He always refuses to let me watch my favorite TV show. (P. 27)
refuse 表示“拒绝”时，后常接名词或者动词不定式作宾语。 The girl refused the offer from Oxford University. Most of the residents refused to move away from here.
13. Instead he watches whatever he wants until late at night. (P. 27)
(1) instead 是副词，用于句尾，在句中作状语；instead of 是介词短语，用于句中，后接名词、代词或
第 3 页 共 20 页
He will be on duty instead of me tomorrow.
They didn’t go swimming. They went to play football instead.
(2) whatever 表示“无论什么、不管什么”，引导让步状语从句，相当于 no matter what。 Whatever difficulties he may meet, he will overcome them.
14. If you parents are having problems, you should offer to help. (P. 27)
① offer 表示“提供”时，作双宾语动词，常用的结构为：offer sb. sth.相当于 offer sth. to sb.“为某人提供某物”。
The restaurant offers free coffee to customers. =The restaurant offers customers free coffee. ② offer to do sth.“主动提出做某事”
The kind man offered to help the old lady across the road.
15. Secondly, why don’t you sit down and communicate with your brother? (P. 27)
secondly 用作副词，意为“第二、其次”，常与 firstly, thirdly 或者 lastly/finally 等表示顺序先后的
Firstly, they are not efficient, and secondly, they are expensive to make. 2()
communicate with sb.表示“与某人交流”
People can communicate with each other freely on the Internet.
16. You should explain that you don’t mind him watching TV all the time. (P. 27)
(1) explain 表示“解释”，后常接名词作宾语，explain sth. to sb.意为“向某人解释某事”。 The teacher explained the answer to the question to his students again and again. (2) mind 的用法：
① mind doing sth. 介意做某事
Would you mind opening the window please? ② mind sb’s/sb doing sth. 介意某人做某事 Do you mind my/me calling you at night?
第 4 页 共 20 页