2014-2015学年九年级英语人教版新教材课文第八单元译文 联系客服

发布时间 : 星期三 文章2014-2015学年九年级英语人教版新教材课文第八单元译文更新完毕开始阅读

Unit 8

We live in a small town and almost everyone knows each other. It used to be very quiet.

居住 小 镇 几乎 每个人 知道 互相 过去常常 很 安静

Nothing much ever happened around here. However, these days, something unusual is

没有事 曾经 发生 在附近 然而 这些天 某事 不寻常 happening in our town. Victor, a teacher at my school, is really nervous. When he was 正在发生 我们的小镇 维克多 老师 我的 学校 真的 紧张的 当

interviewed by the town newspaper, he said, “Every night we hear strange noises outside our

被采访 城镇 报社 说 每天晚上 听到 奇怪的 声音 在…外面

window. My wife thinks that it could be an animal, but my friends and I think it must be

窗子 妻子 认为 可能 是 一种 动物 朋友 认为 一定是

teenagers having fun. My parents called the policemen, but they couldn’t find anything strange. 青少年 玩耍 父母亲 打电话 警察 他们 不能 发现 任何 异常的

They think it might be the wind. I don’t think so!”

认为 可能 是 风 我不这样认为

Victor’s next-door neighbor Helen is worried, too. “ At first, I thought that it might be a

维克多的 隔壁 邻居 海伦 担心 也 起先 认为 可能 是

dog, but I couldn’t see a dog or anything else, either. So I guess it can’t be a dog. But then,

狗 没有 看见 狗 任何东西 别的 也 因此 猜 不可能

what could it be ? ” One woman in the area saw something running away, but it was dark so

妇女 地区看见 某样东西 逃跑 黑暗的

she is not sure.“ I think it was too big to be a dog ,” she said . “ Maybe it was a bear or a wolf.”

不确定 认为 太 大 而不是 说 或许 熊 狼

Everyone in our town is feeling uneasy, and everyone has his or her own ideas. There

每个人 我们的 城镇 感到 不安 每个人 有 他的或 她的自己的观点

must be something visiting the homes in our neighborhood, but what is it? We have no idea.

一定有 某样东西 进入 家 我们的 邻居 没有 主意

Most people hope that this animal or person will simply go away, but I do not think that is

大多数 人 希望 这 动物 人 将 简单地 走开 不 认为

going to happen. The noise-maker is having too much fun creating fear in the neighborhood. 将 发生 噪音 制造者 有 太多 乐趣 制造 恐慌 社区里

Stonehenge— Can Anyone Explain Why It Is There?(巨石阵—谁能解释它的存在?)

巨石阵 能 任何人 解释 为什么 有

Stonehenge, a rock circle, is not only one of Britain’s most famous historical places but

巨石阵 岩石 圈 不仅 之一 英国的 最 著名的 历史古迹的 地方

also one of its greatest mysteries. Every year it receives more than 750,000 visitors. People like

而且 之一 最大的 谜团 每年 接待 超过 游客 人们 喜欢

to go to this Place especially in June as they want to see the sun rising on the longest day of the

去 这个 地方 尤其 在六月 因为 想要 看 日 升起 最长的 一天

year.

For many years, historians believed Stonehenge was a temple where ancient leaders tried

许多年来 历史学家 认为 巨石阵 庙宇 古代的 领导者 试图

to communicate with the gods. However, historian Paul Stoker thinks this can’t be true because

沟通 和 神灵 然而 历史学家 保罗 斯托克 认为 这 不可能 是 真的 因为

Stonehenge was built so many centuries ago. “ The leaders arrived in England much later,” he

巨石阵 建立 许多 世纪 以前 领导者 到达 英国 晚得多

points out.

指出 Another popular idea is that Stonehenge might be a kind of calendar. The large stones

另一个 普遍的 观点 巨石阵 可能 是 一种 日历 巨大的 石头

were put together in a certain way. On midsummer’s morning, the sun shines directly into the

被 放 一起 以 特定的 方法 在 盛夏的 早晨 太阳 照耀 直接地

center of the stones. Other people believe the stones have a medical purpose. They think the

中心 石头 其他 人 认为 这些 石头 有 医学的 目的 他们 认为

stones can prevent illness and keep people healthy. “ As you walk there, you can feel the energy

石头 能 阻止 疾病 保持 人们 健康 当 走到 那儿 感觉 能量

from your feet move up your body,” said one visitor. No one is sure what Stonehenge was used

从 你的 脚 传到 身体 说 一个 游客 没有人 确定 什么 巨石阵 被用来

for, but most agree that the position of the stones must be for a special purpose. Some think it

大多数 同意 位置 石头 一定有 特殊的 目的 一些 认为

might be a burial place or a place to honor ancestors. Others think it was built to celebrate a

可能 是 墓 地 地方 祭祀 祖先 其他人 认为 被 建造 庆祝

victory over an enemy.

胜利 战胜 敌人

Stonehenge was built slowly over a long period of time. Most historians believe it must

巨石阵 被 建造 慢慢地 超过 很长 时期 时间 大多数 历史学家 认为 一定

be almost 5,000 years old. One of the greatest mysteries is how it was built because the stones

接近 年 之一 最大的 谜团 如何 被 建成 因为 那些 石头

are so big and heavy. In 2001, a group of English volunteers tried to build another Stonehenge ,

如此 大 重 一群 英国的 志愿者 试图 建造 另一个 巨石阵

but they couldn’t “ We don’t really know who built Stonehenge,” says Paul Stoker. “ And

没有成功 真的 知道 谁 建造 巨石阵 说 保罗 斯托克

perhaps we might never know, but we do know they must have been hard-working— and great

或许 可能 永远不 知道 的确 知道 一定 很勤奋 而且是伟大的

planners!”

规划者